Symptom of paralysis, commonly known as stroke, can lead to disability and death. Stroke is caused by the blockage of an artery that supplies oxygen to brain, resulting in insufficient levels of oxygen in the brain which affect speech and physical mobility, and in severe cases may cause death.
- Weakness in arms and legs or facial numbness on either side
- Blurry vision on either side of an eye or loss of vision
- Speech problems or difficulty with comprehension of communication
- Acute headache without known cause including sudden dizziness or syncope
Physical care for stroke patients include devotion to taking care of ones’ health, including activities which are listed as follows :
- Control your blood pressure
- Control your body weight to within a healthy range
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid smoking & drinking alcoholic beverages
- Attend health check-up regularly
All of the above are the best methods to reduce the risk factors of stroke.